• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot copy from Digital Editions1.7 to Sony e-reader

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2009 Feb 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded version 1.7 when buying books from Waterstones. These books arrived in DE but now I cannot copy them across to my e-reader.

Have tried Adobe web site but cannot get into their Technical Site.

Anybody help.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2009 Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem
I have followed the instructions Adobe sent me and am still no further forward.
In the instructions it says plug in you Sony eReader and Digital Editions will detect it.
It does not.
If I select "Library" - Authorise Computer...
It tells me that my laptop is already authorised.
I have spoken to Sony and the eReader is working perfectly.
I have the book Bill Hybels - Just walk across the room in my Digital
Editions. I can read it in ADE but cannot transfer it to my Sony eReader.
I also have it in my eBook library but if I try to drag and drop it into the reader (which eBook Library can see) it gives the following message
"To transfer this eBook you must first authorise the Reader for Adobe DRM
protected content. Would you like to launch Adobe Digital Editions"
Yes/No. If I select yes it opens Adobe Digital Editions and I am back
where I started.
Please please help as I am getting very frustraited.
Someone must know the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2009 May 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem as Brian, with the added complication that the PRS-505 icon appears in the Adobe DE navigation bar.

Still can'y transfer to my reader, when in Ebook-library I get the same 'do you want to autorise?' message. And then,like Brian, when I click Yes, nothing happens. Ctrl_shift+E does nothing. All software/firmware is up to date.

It's REALLY winding me up.

BTW I live in UK and bought the reader in UK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2009 Jun 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem, I have a Sony ebook reader PRS-700 and cannot seem to get adobe digital editions to recognise it in order to authorise it. I have tried Ctl Shft E without any success, I bought the device whilst in the US but I am actually from the UK and was wondering if this could be the cause of the problem? I have to admit I am getting very frustrated with the whole thing, I've bought several books for my ebook reader and it all seems to have been a waste of money! If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2009 Jul 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I just got me 700 & the only issue I have with it is that DE will not recognize it so that I can authorize the reader.  I have emailed Adobe but still have not gotten a response yet.  Have done the Control-Shift-E but nothing happens?  I have Vista on my computer also.

Connie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2009 Jul 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gotten several unhelpful responses - the reader does work perfectly

with unprotected txt, doc, and pdf files using the sony reader program, so

it's just a problem with the adobe protected format - unfortunately that's

what I can get from the public library!

Zach

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 17, 2009 Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brian, try control-shift-E (with the PRS plugged in to your pc). This should force an activation of the PRS. I've found it's a bit sensitive to the sequence the keys are pressed so try it a couple of different ways. If you can get the authorize dialog to come up then you can authorize your PRS to your AdobeID (matching your authorization of Digital Editions). Then you should be able to transfer your books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have exactly the same problem described by Brian Crockett. I'm running Windows XP (with SP2) on a Dell.

I plug in the Sony PRS-500 reader but DE doesn't recognise it. The device is not listed in the sidebar and I can't transfer any DRM-protected books to it (not even the free sample eBooks from the Adobe website!)..

If I visit the menu item "Authorize Computer" it tells me the computer is already authorised.When I try to transfer a purchased eBook I get the same message that Brian described - telling me to authorise the reader.

I tried Ctl-Shift-E as you suggested (with the device plugged in) but DE doesn't respond and the authorise dialog diesn't come up.

Is there anything else I can try?

Many thanks

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

It's not quite the same problem for you, unfortunately.  You are using a Sony Reader 500, which is not compatible with ADE.  Only Sony Readers 505 and 700 will work with ADE.

--

Jim Lester

Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Very sorry, that was a typo! Its a PRS-505.

Can it be an XP problem? After posting my message, I loaded ADE onto my

laptop (with Vista) and tried attaching the device to it. Everything

worked perfectly, and it even automatically authorised the blocked DRM

book that I'd previously loaded onto the device.

So I have my "workaround", but it still doesn't work on the XP machine.

Best,

John

Jim Lester schrieb:

John,

It's not quite the same problem for you, unfortunately. You are using a Sony Reader 500, which is not compatible with ADE, which will only recognize Sony Readers 505 and 700.

--

Jim Lester

Adobe Systems

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2009 Apr 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

I would make sure you have latest version of the Sony Software on your XP computer (and potentially re-install it anyway).   ADE relies on a driver installed by Sony to communicate with the Sony Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 29, 2009 Dec 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jim,

I suspect your answer to John answers my problem.  ADE 1.7.,1 does not see my Sony PRS-300.  I take it from your answer to John that the 300 isn't (yet) supported even though it is in the list of supported devices?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2009 Feb 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried the Control-Shift-E but the only message I get is "Please select the devic eyou wish to deauthorise".

Anybody any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2009 Mar 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this means that your device is already authorized...
you should be able to see it as an added book shelve and should also be able to exchange books between your ereader and other book shelves

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2009 Mar 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the suggestion CTRL-Shift-E!! I have spent DAYS working on this problem! Now I can get free digital book editions from my local library site! Love it!

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 24, 2009 May 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem as Brian. The Adobe DE does not see my Sony PRS-700 when it is connected. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Adobe program to no avail. I have the latest Ebook Library software,did the "Ctrl-Shift-E" and nothing happened.

I'm not unsophisticated in debugging problems but this has been a royal pain in the neck! Oh yes, the manifest.xml file had no de:AdobeID so there was nothing to get rid of.

Needless to say, after three hours of effort, I decided that ebook software still has a way to go. Adobe may have a good product in Adobe DE but, I'll not find out using my Sony reader and so will blow off the Adobe. This stuff is suppose to be simple!

What a waste of time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2009 Jun 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Very new to this.  I've read these answers and they don't seem to answer my query.

Have bought Sony e-reader; installed e-library and Adobe Digital Edition on pc; bought book from Waterstones.

Can see book in ADE but it isn't anywhere to be found in the e-library, and I don't know how to transfer it from ADE to either the e-library or the Reader.

[At the moment, somewhat academic as can't get e-reader to switch on having switched it off, but no doubt that will sort out! ]

Please, can anyone give me idiot proof non technical step by instructions for transferring book from ADE to e-library and or Reader.

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2009 Jul 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a related problem:

I can download ebooks from my local library, they open on adobe digital
editions. Adobe digital editions recognizes the PRS-505 and the
files can be dragged to it.
On the PRS-505 the files are listed with today's date but without an
expiration date, and when I click on one of the files I see it
listed as being only one page with an error message saying "Protected
page."
It seems that the permission for the PRS-505 to view the file is not being handled properly.
This does not occur when I use the ebook library program to drag unprotected pdf, txt, or doc files to the PRS-505.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Zach Bloomgarden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2009 Dec 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past 3 days been battling a flue as well as the e-Reader. Thanks to some

great replies in amongst others the Adobe forum I've figured out the following

(thought to be helpful instead of only searching for answers):

• I have a Sony e-reader Touch
  • You can not order books from the US or use the US Sony Library software w built in store version in Europe (rights issues I suppose)
  • Over the holidays it took years to download the UK version which finally worked
  • Via the eBook Store I happily bought some books - i.e. through WHSmith as this site works with 3rd party providers
  • Not having been told about DRM protected files I found myself with 3 unuseable files
  • Uninstalling, reinstalling, authorizing, de-authorizing, the whole lot
  • Finally learnt that for DRM protected files you need Adobe Digital Editions, as well as an Adobe ID
  • For Adobe Digital Editions to show your e-reader YOU HAVE TO HAVE SONY LIBRARY SOFTWARE INSTALLED as it seems to have a driver which Digital Editions needs to talk to the e-reader. without it you won't see your e-reader
    • Of the 3 books I bought only one managed to be copied to Digital Editions, when I try to copy the others (just drag the downloaded files onto the Library in DE) the message says more or less
    • 'error asking for license - problem communicating with license server
      : E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER'
    • Concluding I find it quite disgraceful how something so consumer geared can be so user-unfriendly. I saw that I was not the only one fuming over the holidays ...

• a great contributor to the forum pointed out that in buying from WHSmith they probably set me up with a transaction ID which is interfering with the Adobe ID. (one wonders though how I managed to get one book onto the Digital Editions Library and from there onto the e-reader). Becase they are closed over Xmas and even today (Monday 28 Dec) I will call them tomorrow and hope they can set that right. (Jim's answer was
      The one you have has a transaction ID which is associated with, which has already been used to create a license for a different user (E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER).  In this case the other user is the original anonymous activation that you wife orginally had on the computer.')
    • What I haven't figured out yet is why the Sony software, upon connecting the e-reader, wants to install software and always fails ... Or why the DRM protected books can sit in the Sony Library software (can't move them to the e-reader though) and not in the Adobe Digital Editions Library.
    • Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
      community guidelines
      New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been struggling with this for a number of months, have both the "ebook library" and "Adobe Digital Editions" software installed, have virtually given up on protected epub files, but have found that protected pdf files are occasionally (about one out of three - it's completely unpredictable) transferrable to the ereader.  I been able to experiment with this by downloading ebooks from the local library websites, which were great until the software changed approximately 4 months ago (around Sept 2009) and would be wonderful again if fixed!  So now, everything works on my computer, and very little works on the ereader.

It's enough to convince me to give up and get a kindle!

Cheers, and enjoy the rest of the holidays!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
      community guidelines
      New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the update for the sony reader, I can put all of my books that I had through Adobe Digital Editions onto my reader with no issues. YEAH!!

Connie Lucero

Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 09:55:03 -0700

To: connie_stevens@hotmail.com

Subject: Cannot copy from Digital Editions1.7 to Sony e-reader

I have been struggling with this for a number of months, have both the "ebook library" and "Adobe Digital Editions" software installed, have virtually given up on protected epub files, but have found that protected pdf files are occasionally (about one out of three - it's completely unpredictable) transferrable to the ereader. I been able to experiment with this by downloading ebooks from the local library websites, which were great until the software changed approximately 4 months ago (around Sept 2009) and would be wonderful again if fixed! So now, everything works on my computer, and very little works on the ereader.

It's enough to convince me to give up and get a kindle!

Cheers, and enjoy the rest of the holidays!!

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
      community guidelines