• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a "Any" or "All" sql Select/Search

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2006 Dec 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the process of building some search tools to query a database and one of them is based on keywords entered in a text field, by default the select statement search for "All" words together and I would like to offer my users both "Any" and "All" options. I have done something similar in asp a while back where I would need some kind of function to split the words and then add all of them to the query. How would I go about doing something similar in Coldfusion? I'm still relatively new to it so sometimes I get a bit stuck when trying to work with things I'm familiar with when using asp.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 19, 2006 Dec 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Wendigo,
Your question reminded me of another forum post I saw recently. You may find something useful in:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=1222547

If you use MS SQL Server and feel comfortable working with indexes, there is a full text indexing feature that might be right up your alley.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation