• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error on Importing Word document into RH7

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2009 Apr 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to import Word docs into RoboHelp7.  The first several documents are imported and saved into the project without incident. However, one file causes an error: "An error occurred while trying to save data to : <RH project name> <5>.  The same error occurs each time I attempt to import this particular file; the error message will not disappear when I click on OK and whole project has to be closed.  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2009 Apr 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is obviously something in this word document that is causing the import to fail. Exactly what will require a little detective work. Make a copy of the file and delete 25% of the content. Import. If it fails, remove a further 25% and repeat until it succeeds. This process will leave you with a portion of the word document that fails. Repeat the process again on this portion until you have the page that fails. This will help you identify the rogue content. Post back with your results.

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2009 Apr 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Colum,

Thank you for your prompt response. I tried importing sections of the word document as you suggested, but I was not able to isolate the error. I confess that after repeated errors and shutdowns, I discontinued this troubleshooting, lest it cause any damage to the original project files.

Instead, I opened a new project, and imported the Word doc into that project. Then I imported these HTML files into my main project. It was not graceful, but the end result is good, with all the links and formatting preserved.

As other Word docs have since been imported into this project without incident, perhaps it was a fluke/bug in this one document.

I appreciate your help in resolving the situation.

Thank you.

Mary Lyons

Knowledge Manager

Phone: 309.751.6179

This e-mail and any attachments may contain privileged and/or confidential information. This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any copying, distribution, dissemination or action taken in relation to the contents of this e-mail and any of its attachments is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original e-mail and any attachments and destroy any copies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp