Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I blur over extensive typing?

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2009 Apr 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I've got a great deal of typing that is necessary in a demonstration video that I need to create. Is it possible to show a blank field and then explain that I'm going to enter the information in that field and then show a flash of white or something to cover my typing? In other words, the end user sees the appropriate field. In VO, I explain that I'm going to enter the information here. A flash appears and then the field's text is shown already entered.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Krista

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Apr 15, 2009 Apr 15, 2009

Hi Krista,

Just record as per normal. Captivate will capture the typing as an object. You can right-click on the typing object on the timeline, and deselect "show typing". Then adjust your slide timing.

Your project will go from having a slide with no text in a field to a slide with text filled field.

You could also convert the typing object into a text animation and delete it if you want. Or change its duration to a fraction of a second.

Hope this helps,

Kerry

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Apr 15, 2009 Apr 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Krista,

Just record as per normal. Captivate will capture the typing as an object. You can right-click on the typing object on the timeline, and deselect "show typing". Then adjust your slide timing.

Your project will go from having a slide with no text in a field to a slide with text filled field.

You could also convert the typing object into a text animation and delete it if you want. Or change its duration to a fraction of a second.

Hope this helps,

Kerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Kerry! I was fiddling around with it last night and adjusted the timing for the typing object and it worked perfectly. I'll try your other suggestions as well.

You get the Gold Star for the day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources