• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

One of the folders of Robo Help Project Manager is listed twice in Windows Explorer.

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everybody,

One of the folders of Robo Help Project Manager is listed twice in Windows Explorer. One has all the subfolders and topics of it and the other has all the subfolders but not the topics. How did I get into this kind of situation? Why do I have two folders? Can somebody please answer on this?

Since my RH project is attached to Visual Source Safe (VSS), the same structure is mirroring in VSS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry, more questions here than answers I'm afraid.

1. What version of RoboHelp?
  2. What flavor of RoboHelp? (RoboHelp for Word or RoboHelp HTML)
  3. Is this maybe related to a Microsoft Word document?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp HTML V6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screen capture of what you are seeing. It's super simple to do. Just capture the screen and use the picture icon.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

temp.doc

Attached is the image file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the spelling of the two folders if you "c" what i mean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

After reviewing the image I see that what you might think are two of the same folder are two different folders similar in name.

One is named Advanced_Functionality. The other is named Advanced_Funtionality (note the missing C).

I'm assuming this is the folder you are referring to?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ummm yeah.

What Colum said!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good on ya, Colum!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good catch!

I am still confused. How come I was still seeing two folders - one correctly spelled and one incorrectly spelled but in Robo Help i only had one folder with the correct spellings. If at one point i had created the other one with the incorrect spellings then shouldn't that be in RH as well. I have attached a screen shot of the folders in RH.

My second question is that the folder which is incorrectly spelled, I only have in Explorer not in Robo Help project, is it ok for me to delete from the Explorer?

Thanks so much for your help

temp.doc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

My guess is that you erroneously created the folder to begin with. Perhaps you were on a network initially and moved locally?

Before deleting anything wholesale, I'd try simply moving the folder to a different location and see if RoboHelp wanders around all bug-eyed looking for it. If not, then you can just delete it. If so, it's time for some sleuthing.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, but I think I'd delete it from VSS first.

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp