• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

You Tube Conversion

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company is producing a series of training and "elevator pitch" videos within captivate that we would like to broadcast on you tube. I have downloaded a number of .swf to .avi conversion tools such as Sothlink, AUN Soft, and Byte Scout to name a few (details on my experiences with them below).

Does anyone have successful experience converting Captivate for use on You Tube? This is a time sensitive issue and I'd appreciate some solid advice or simply a point in the right direction.

I downloaded Sothlink based on an Adobe Captivate blog. (http://www.adobe.com/devnet/captivate/articles/youtube.html) Within the application it captured video and audio with no issue, however, the exported file had no audio. I matched all my settings per the blog's settings with no luck. Tried this multiple times with multiple files and different settings. I reviewed their support forums and postings haven't been responded to since 2008, so I am not sure if there is current support for this application. My email to support has gone unanswered.

AUN Soft captured audio and video, but it will only do the first 5 seconds of the movie, nothing else. I followed their step-by-step instructions, tried multiple files, multiple setup types... no luck.

Byte Scout was simply a train wreck.

Also, has Adobe announced plans to allow for Captivate to You Tube conversion natively? I really like the program overall, but I see this as a big deficiency... at least for my purposes.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Captivate 4 now has an AVI output that is intended for the YouTube purpose.

If you have Captivate 4, you should investigate it. If not, perhaps download the eval of 4 and see if it meets your expectations. If so, perhaps it would justify the cost of an upgrade.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the heads up. Now I am running into the issue that I am continually getting errors when uploading to YT. It gets around 1/4 the way through each time and throws an error. The file is 15mb.

For the export I selected Media > AVI. I tried MPEG4 V1,V2,V3, XvidMpeg 4 and the defualt setting (Cinepak). None of which have worked on upload. I checked the exported file and it plays fine. Not sure why YT is choking.

There is a piece in the video with "live recording" so I removed it from the video to see if it was the culprit, still choked in YT.

Any ideas on preferred settings when uploading?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources