• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Optimize Speed Settings for Publishing

Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

optimizespeed.png

I am working in Robohelp 7.  When I publish I have been choosing the Optimize speed Web Site (Internet). My users access WebHelp via an Intranet. If I change the setting to Local PC or Intranet, will the users notice any difference in speed in opening files.  Does it make any difference?

Thank You

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What this setting will do is determine how your navigational components are handled. (TOC, Index, Glossary, Search).

If Web Site is selected, they are broken into smaller segments that are more easily shipped. If Local PC is selected, things are kept in single files. The trade off is that with Local PC selected, it may take a bit longer on initial load for the TOC, Index or other area of the pane to load up.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

Does choosing Local PC make the total file size of the WebHelp smaller or bigger? Right now it is about 34 MB. I send WebHelp to Frontpage for publishing and total file size can be an issue? If Local PC makes the total file significally smaller I could switch. I quess I could try it.

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Interesting question. I suppose it may make for a smaller overall footprint. But that would likely only happen because of fewer files.

Pesonally, I'd be totally shocked and surprised if you noticed a significant difference either way. At best, I'd expect it to be within a few hundred bytes.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp