• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH folders are not mirroring in Windows explorer or Visual Source Safe.

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am working with Robo Help HTML, V6.

I n Visual Source Safe (VSS), I am in the process of going through all the Robo Help Project folders. I have come across so many folders in VSS which are not in Robo Help Project but are in VSS, these folders are basically empty or might be containing another empty sub-folders.

I think these extra folders in VSS are the result of when at one point I created them in Robo Help and then deleted them are moved them to another location and changed their name. I would like the experts to please confirm on that, if what I am thinking is correct.

Also, please confirm if I can go ahead and delete these extra folders from VSS which don’t exist in Robo Help.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2009 Apr 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are sure these folders are not referenced anywhere inside your project then I guess it is OK to delete them from VSS. Obviously I can't say for sure how they got there . We often use VSS view differences report to highlight this sort of thing and tidy up these stray files and folders.

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp