• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML Symbols and Quotation Errors in .CHM

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2009 Apr 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have RH7 on my laptop and I had RH X5 prior to the new version. The majority of our existing projects were created in RH X5.

We have noticed that when projects are converted to the new version, the HTML symbols and some text quotation marks are becoming distorted.

For example, if an "em dash" was inserted using the "Symbol" dialog in X5, it may appear as "&emdash" in the new version (and it is labeled as "text" instead of a symbol). This does not happen with all instances-it is a random occurance and it has occured on two different laptops.

The other issue is with test quotation marks inserted using the keyboard. For example, if I have "Y" in the text, it sometimes appears as "r;Y".

Has anyone else had issues with this or does anyone know anything about it? All help is greatly appreciated! Thanks and Happy Friday!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Using RH7 on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read on your site that the fix for this should have been in patch 7.0.1. I have all three of the patch/updates on my computer but I am still running into this issue.

We currently go through every project and try to manually check for these instances. However, this is extremely time consuming, especially with our larger projects.

I do not know if it would help, but I believe the patch was installed after the project mentioned was converted. However, it has been open numerous times since the patch was installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to upgrade the project again. The patch does not fix the issue in upgraded projects.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you upgrade a project after it has already been upgraded?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, let me correct that. You have to upgrade the X5 project again.

Your choices are that you take a copy of the backup you made before upgrading (I hope) and then upgrade that. If that is not possible, then your only option is a clean up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately no backup file was made to my knowledge.

We have been doing manual clean up on all projects every since we came across the problem. Do you happen to know of a listing of possible HTML symbol/quotation issues that we could look for? I know of the emdash and open/close quotation marks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit late now but never upgrade without a backup. Anything can go wrong. Software glitch, power interruption etc.

Sorry, no definitive list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 20, 2009 Apr 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I had this problem I generated a word file containing all topics, then searched that file for the ampersand character "&". It's still manual correction, but you can be sure you find all the problem strings.

--- Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp