• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Backing up Robohelp 8 files

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2009 Apr 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to backup my Robohelp 8 files?

I'm also merging files so will that effect anything?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 17, 2009 Apr 17, 2009

Hi there

Without seeing exactly what you did it's hard to say. Typically you just copy the whole folder. Network is fine for backup. What you don't ever want to do is to store the files on the network, then open RoboHelp and attempt to edit the project while it's on the network.

Think of your RoboHelp project as you would a small art box that has everything you need to work with your art. If you pick the box up and take it to Grandma's house you are still able to work with your art. RoboHelp proje

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Backup is a simple process. You basically open the folder where your project is found and copy the entire folder to a different location.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that.

Is that the working files or the generated files that I should copy?

I tried to access the files after I copied some of them and they wouldn't load into RH. Would I have to put them back into their original location if I needed to use them?

Is there a problem with putting them on a network drive? I couldn't seem to copy them all, and I had plenty of room.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Without seeing exactly what you did it's hard to say. Typically you just copy the whole folder. Network is fine for backup. What you don't ever want to do is to store the files on the network, then open RoboHelp and attempt to edit the project while it's on the network.

Think of your RoboHelp project as you would a small art box that has everything you need to work with your art. If you pick the box up and take it to Grandma's house you are still able to work with your art. RoboHelp projects are the same way. As long as all the files are copied, you should have all you need.

Hopefully this helps you visualize it better... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that's probably what I did. It sounds like I'll have to move it back to my C drive if I want to use it.

I'll have to give the network guys a call and see why I can't save it.

Thanks.

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as you copied the files (rather than cut/paste them) you won't need to copy the files back to your C:\ drive.

If you got an error when access a network drive, get your IT guys to check your access to that location.

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2009 Apr 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I checked with IT and found out I couldn't copy certain files but zipped some up and that worked. I have to try accessing them today and see if they work.

Thanks for the help.

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp