• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What kind of design options are available for HtmlHelp?

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2009 Apr 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that you can't use skins with HtmlHelp, but are there some design options available? For example, can you use different button icons for Home, Back, Forward, etc. at the top of the panes than the defaults? Can you change the color of the panes? For example, it looks like RoboHelp 7's Help has teal background for its Contents, Index, and Search panes. We would like to make our HtmlHelp look more up-to-date. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 22, 2009 Apr 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Unfortunately there isn't much in the way of customizability when it comes to CHM files.

In other words, those buttons cannot be changed. You are pretty much stuck with what the CHM viewer offers.

If you are using RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 you may be interested in AIR help. AIR help is presented in a modern looking viewer.

The help for RoboHelp 7 isn't a CHM file.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2009 Apr 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll check out AIR help.

I'm just curious: what is the format for the help for RoboHelp 7? It didn't look like a WebHelp format. . .

~ Ling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp