Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about MX7 and Oracle 10GR2 RAC

May 12, 2006 May 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone tell me if it's possible to pass parameter names to and oracle function in MX7. I have a function that returns a refcursor that worked fine as a simply function now it's an overloaded function and I need to pass different parameter names and I cannot get it to work. Is this a problem with MX7?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 12, 2006 May 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this helps, but there is a reply comment from Macromedia at the bottom of the MX 6 LiveDocs for tag cfprocparam which was in response to a comment pointing out that calling overloaded stored procedures containing refcursors did not work. (I submitted a similar question to Adobe last night in the MX 7 version of LiveDocs for cfprocparam and am waiting for it to post.)

Macromedia jrunrandy said on Jun 30, 2005 at 9:45 AM :
I checked and regret to say that this isn't supported. There is a bug for this issue, 53122, but it hasn't been addressed as of CFMX 7.

I think that this is going to be as official of a response from Macromedia/Adobe as you are going to get unless you open a trouble report yourself. I hope that this is enough to satisfy the requirements of your DBA. Otherwise, you are probably going to have to shell out the cash for an official trouble report to Adobe (unless you have paid support).

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 15, 2006 May 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
FYI, they have added my comment regarding the fact that overloaded stored procedures with refcursors still do not work, to the current version of cfprocparam tag in Live Docs.

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation