• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 9 running on Win Server 2003

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2009 Mar 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed FrameMaker 9 on a PC running Windows Server 2003. When I run FrameMaker, I get an error dialog stating "FrameMaker cannot initialize its dictionaries. Either the LanguageDir entry specified in the initialization file is missing or incorrect, or the files in the LanguageDir are missing or corrupted." I installed FrameMaker 9 on an XP PC and everything is running fine. Is the a compatibility issue with FrameMaker 9 on WinServer2003?

Any help would be appreciated.
TOPICS
Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2009 Mar 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the maker.ini entry for the Language directory/folder. It should be:

LanguageDir=dict

where this points to the \dict folder in your FM setup.

Check that you have this folder and that the language files are in there. Also check the permissions/poliy on these files. Are you allowed to use them with the login that is running FM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2009 Apr 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem after installing the trial version on a Vista Business 64 bit system. Also an install on a XP machine did result in this message. A second install here did solve the problem for wathever reason. On Vista I am puzzled. By the way, all the settings in the maker.ini file are correct in my opinion. On this machine, Framemaker 8 worked well.

Wim-NL added the following: Installed 9.0.2 update, still no luck, same error message. I also checked the consfile.txt that was being generated when starting up FrameMaker. The following error message was given:

FrameMaker: pc=06916337 indx=31045 string usage error: invalid format

Wim-NL Added the following:Installed 9.0.3 update, still no luck, same error message. Uninstalled Framemaker 9 completely. Also cleaned up all registry settings with "Framemaker" mentioned. It draw my attention that in one of the settings of PrevX1 CSI a reference was made to one of the files in the Dict map of Framemaker (HKCU\Software\PCSI). Reinstalled Framemaker with PrevX1 disabled. Now it works, but if this was the couse of not starting? Could be. After enabeling PrevX1 again, Framemaker still works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2010 Dec 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into the "framemaker cannot initiailize its dictionaries" error after installing on a machine that previously had Framemaker 8 installed. Here's how I got mine to work:

1. Uninstall Framemaker 8. Reboot.

2. If Framemaker 9 is installed and not working, uninstall Framemaker 9. Reboot.

3. Copy the Framemaker 9 "setup.exe." installer to a directory on your machine.

4. Run setup.exe

5. When prompted, tell it *NOT* to keep your Framemaker 8 settings.

After I did this, Framemaker 9 worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2011 Apr 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

i had the same issue, after installing FM9.

Please check if th directory  %CommonProgramFiles%\adobe\Linguistics exists.

If not copy it from a running installation.

Then it should work.

Regards

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines