• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FlexUnit Eclipse/Flex Builder 3 Plugin - Feedback Please

Apr 11, 2009 Apr 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have been beavering away developing an Eclispe plugin for FlexUnit and would like your feedback.

To get this free plugin simply visit: http://www.codesquared.com/eclipse/installinstructions.html

Let me know what you think.

Mark

TOPICS
FlexUnit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to install it on Eclipse 3.4.2 but I get the following error:

"Cannot complete the request.  See the details.

Cannot find a solution satisfying the following requirements org.eclipse.debug.ui [3.4.0.v20080529-1300]."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marcello,

Interestly org.eclipse.debug.ui is not a plugin dependency for the FlexUnit plugin. When did you get this error - during installation of the plugin or post installation?

If it was during the installation at which step did this ocurr?

If it was at runtime did this happen when you were setting the preferences for the plugin or when you attempted to run a test?

I have reviewed the installed plugins on my Eclipse version and I do have org.eclipse.debug.ui plugin albeit version 3.4.2. You can check if this plugin exists on your eclipse implementation by doing Help -> About Eclipse SDK and selecting the plugin details button.

Regards,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 18, 2009 Apr 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just install FlexUnit eclipse plugin. I was waiting for this kind of plugin !!!

I'm on Mac OS 10.5.6 with Flex Builder 3 standalone and  I get a validation error on preference page...

When I try to set the flash player app path ( /Applications/DEVELOPPEMENT/Adobe Flex Builder 3/Player/mac/10/mac/Flash Player.app) I get a validation error : Value must be an existing file.

Seems that Mac Path are not supported here... But Flash player log directory set to : /Library/Application Support/Macromedia/Flash Player/Logs/ seems to be accepted.

Ready to help for having a MAC compliant version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 24, 2009 Apr 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly thanks for bringing this to my attention, not having a MAC has stopped me from testing it in that environment so the support you have given me in sorting out the compatibility issues has been fantastic.

For everyone else there is now a new version of the plugin which incorporates the MAC compatibility fixes along with the following new features:

New In Version 1.1.0
Wizard support to automatically generate the test harness
Dynamic creation and execution of tests direct from the actionscript class

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2009 Apr 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see it on the update site, is it already published?

Also, is it possible to have a downloadable version, so I can try putting it into the dropins folder directly, as I still have the error on the eclipse dependency above. My computer is also a Mac with Leopard and Flex Builder is installed as an Eclipse plugin, not the standalone version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 26, 2009 Apr 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marcello,

Yes it is already published and can be found by browsing to the update site directly or by pointing the Eclipse update manager at the site which I would recommend.

http://www.codesquared.com/eclipse

Can you answer the questions I posed to you before about the error you are getting as it will help me understand the problem better. I know the plugin works just fine on the MAC using FlexBuilder standalone but there could be some differences in the MAC Eclipse product and the Windows version that is causing this.

Regards,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2009 Apr 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

the Eclipse version that I have is the Mac OS X 3.4.2 Eclipse SDK.

If I add the update site "http://www.codesquared.com/eclipse" in Help -> Software Updates from the Add Site... button I get a new item in the tree with name:

file:/C:/Users/Mark/Documents/Projects/Eclipse/EclipsePlugIn/com.codesquared.eclipseplugin.flex.flexunit.updatesite/ - metadata

which contains the Flex Unit Plugin category and inside that the FlexUnit Plugin, but only version 1.0.0.

When I select the checkbox and press the button "Install..." I get a dialog with the FlexUnit plugin selected and the error in the title "cannot complete the request" and in the details textarea "Cannot complete the request.  See the details.

Cannot find a solution satisfying the following requirements org.eclipse.debug.ui [3.4.0.v20080529-1300]." so I cannot proceed with the "Next" or "FInish" button which are disabled.

If I go to Plugin Details the org.eclipse.debug.ui item is present with version 3.4.2.v20090110_r342.

Hope this helps in spotting the problem, I don't have any issues installing other plugins.

--m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2009 Apr 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marcello,

It would appear the update site metadata didn't refresh correctly. Should be sorted now.

Sorry for the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 02, 2009 Jun 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark,

Let me know if you would like to work with us for FlexUnit 4 support.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 04, 2009 Jun 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Have just read your blog on FlexUnit 4 and I'm excited about the alignment with the JUnit 4 approach.

I would be more than happy to work with you on FlexUnit 4 support. What areas specifically are you interested in me getting invoved?

Regards,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2009 Jun 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is the source for this available somewhere? This would be a perfect addition to my development evironment, but it doesn't seem to run with a flex-mojos created project which uses src/main/flex as the main source folder instead of just src.

Regards,

Hannu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2009 Jul 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Plugin looks great, but I too am using the Flexmojos project and so my main flex source directory is not in the typical Flex source location.  Can the location of the flex src directory be added as a preference?

Keegan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delayed response I have been busy with the daytime job.

The plugin identifies the source directory by looking in the .actionscriptproperties file. How is the Flexmojos dev environment managing this?

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Your response to my question was pretty quick actually and I am grateful. Flexmojos makes you put non test code in src/main and test code in src/test. The problem may be that in eclipse we use src/main as the source folder path and then add src/test as a separate library path entry.

Does the plugin only reference the sourceFolderPath in the compiler tag of .actionscriptproperties or does it look at all the compilerSourcePathEntry tags inside the compilerSourcePath tag.

I have attached a copy of our .actionScriptProperties so you can see how we have it mapped out.

Thanks,

Keegan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2009 Aug 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keegan,

I am not seeing the attached file could you send it again.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2009 Aug 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry the attachments don't work. Here are the contents of the .actionscriptproperties file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?> <actionScriptProperties mainApplicationPath="Main.mxml" version="3"> <compiler additionalCompilerArguments="-services &quot;C:\XYZ\WEB-INF\flex\services-config.xml&quot; -locale en_US -default-background-color #C8C8C8 -show-unused-type-selector-warnings=false" copyDependentFiles="true" enableModuleDebug="true" flexSDK="Flex 3.2" generateAccessible="false" htmlExpressInstall="true" htmlGenerate="true" htmlHistoryManagement="true" htmlPlayerVersion="9.0.115" htmlPlayerVersionCheck="true" outputFolderLocation="C:/XYZ" outputFolderPath="bin-debug" sourceFolderPath="src/main/flex" strict="true" useApolloConfig="false" verifyDigests="true" warn="true"> <compilerSourcePath> <compilerSourcePathEntry kind="1" linkType="1" path="src/main/resources"></compilerSourcePathEntry> <compilerSourcePathEntry kind="1" linkType="1" path="src/test/flex"></compilerSourcePathEntry> </compilerSourcePath>

We have multiple source paths.

Keegan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2009 Nov 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Keegan,

It looks like the plugin can't deal with multiple source paths.

However you can generate harness in some other project with a single source path and then copy it to you test source path.

But for me, unfortunately, version 1.1.0 of this plugin does not support FlexUnit 4 test annotations, since EclipsePluginTestRunner.run() expects input paramater of type flexunit.framework.Test.

So I decided to use standard FlexUnit4 UI test runner for Flex Builder-based debugging. And of course I use flexmojos runner in Maven build process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2009 Aug 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A great plugin.  I have installed it, although had some troubles first.  See my blog at http://sberka.blogspot.com/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2010 Mar 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to use the update site for the FlexUnit plugin, however when it tries to get the repository details, it throws an error message saying that there is no repository at this location.

Has the repository being removed?

Thanks & Regards,

Madhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2010 Jun 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any avancement for the Flexunit 4 support ??

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2011 Mar 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using Eclipse 3.4.2 . The plugin doesn't seem to detect any output written to flashlog.txt. I have a very small test that only calls assertTrue(false). I see the following in the log file:

F,com.codesquared.example.test::AccoutTest,testNew,expected:<true> but was:<false>,<<

Nothing shows up in the FlexUnit output tab. Also, I have to exit the flash player manually, not sure if this is expected. Once I run this once, eclipse (javaw.exe) has a hold of the flashlog.txt file and subsequent tests will not write to it. Using Process Explorer (I'm using Windows XP), I can force it to close the handle to the log file and the next flash player instance will use it. (but eclipse will once again hold on to this).

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines