• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mailto link opens Outlook when it is already open

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2009 Apr 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on the mailto link in the CHM file, it tries to open Outlook Express, even though I already have Outlook open. Is there something I can do to resolve this?  Thanks for your time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 22, 2009 Apr 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Seems I encountered this same situation a few years back. (scratches head and thinks)

I think I was able to overcome this as follows:

Use a HTML Help Shortcut control. Insert the mailto command in the shortcut.

tmp1.png

Perhaps you don't wish to see a button the user clicks. In that case you may script the control. Just make it Hidden when you insert it.

tmp2.png

Then you use the normal Hyperlink dialog to "click" the control.

tmp3.png

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2009 Apr 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question :  if the mailto link is in a sentence and should appear as text, how does one make that work with a hidden script?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 24, 2009 Apr 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

I'm guessing you failed to observe what was actually typed into the field of the Hyperlink dialog in the third image?

If you hover the hidden control it should reveal its name. This is very important as JavaScript is really persnickety as to how things are named. Most of the time it will just be Shortcut. But if you have other shortcuts on the same page, you might see object1 or OBJECT1 (depending on how you inserted the control). One is named by virtue of clicking the Insert menu and the other is named by virtue of copying and pasting.

So you select the text the user will click and make that the hyperlink where you insert the JavaScript.

I suppose I could have been more explicit in my earlier instructions. Sorry about that.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp