• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change the in place glossary text?

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2009 Apr 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH 8 and generating webhelp pro docs.

Is there a way to change the inplace glossary term to be different than the actually glossary term? The problem I have is that in some cases i want the text to be plural and have to manually add/format those characters.

For example, say i have a glossary term called "Tree", but in my doc i want it to say Trees.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Running the Glossary Hotspot Wizard is a one time shot. It's a single pass through the pages where RoboHelp scans topics for terms and creates the Expanding hotspots containing the definitions. Once complete, you should be able to edit the expanding hotspots freely. Unless RoboHelp 8 has bowled us a wobbly, there shouldn't be anything that would preclude you from editing the expanding hotspots to read as you wish.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that RH looks up glossary terms by name ie: if you look at the html it says <?rh-glo_start ?>Tree<?rh-glo_end ?>. If i change the content from Tree to Trees then the glossary item is no longer clickable in my doc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again

Hmmm, it would then seem this is no longer possible in RoboHelp 8. I knew there were some changes to the way the Glossary was handled, but didn't realize they would be quite that dynamic.

If this is for just one or two terms, you might be better off just performing a manual edit to remove the Wizard inserted hotspot and replace it with a simple DHTML expanding hotspot.

Then again, I see where you were also asking about converting to tooltip style presentation. So that may muddy the waters big time if you did that.

Sorry I have nothing better to offer! Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp