• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 4 not detecting audio input from USB Microphone

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2009 Apr 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Logitech USB microphone in Captivate 4.  When I try to calibrate it, Captivate 4 is not detecting any sound.  It is set up properly.  In the "audio settings" menu, this microphone is listed in the drop down list.  I have selected it as the input device.  However, when I try to "calibrate" this microphone, no audio is detectable.  Captivate 4 is detecting the device, but not the audio input.  I have double checked all the usual suspects--this microphone is selected as the default recording device.  It does not use special software or drivers.  It is designed to use the drivers in Vista.  It works fine with other applications.  I have made sure the input level is detectable.  I've checked to make sure it is not muted.  I have other microphones (non-USB cheapies) that work fine, but I can't get this specific USB microphone to work.

Suggestions?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was hoping for a fix like this, thank you.

Unfortunately, the fix resulted in a program crash when I tried to calibrate the USB mic in Captivate 4.

I follow the steps you provided...twice

- downloaded file

- In the "c:\program files\adobe\adobe captivate4" directory, renamed nsaudio.dll to nsaudio.dll.bak

- copied the file nsaudio_modified.adobe into the Captivate 4 directory (c:\program files\adobe\adobe captivate4\

- renamed that file to nsaudio.dll

- restarted Captivate 4 (as administrator), clicked "edit">>"preferences">>"audio settings"...

- selected the USB microphone from the drop down list

- clicked the "calibrate" button

- Program froze and crashed.

- restarted computer and tried again...program crashed.

- downloaded the file again, repeated the steps above, tried again, program crashed.

Strangely, I have a Sigma Tel sound card, which this patch is designed to fix.

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources