• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC not opening up when topic link clicked

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2009 Apr 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have links to various topics on my default topic page. Normally when a user clicks one of those links it takes them to the topic and the table of contents opens up to wherever that topic is located. This is not happening anymore. I don't recall messing with any settings but I guess I must have. Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we talking a CHM file here? If so, ensure the Auto Synchronise TOC option is selected in your window properties. BTW to work properly, this option also requires that you select the Always Show Selection option in the Advances section of your single source layout.

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is CHM. I do not see that option in my Window properties. However when I go into my single source layout there is an option to Auto Synchronise TOC which is already checked. It has been working fine till today and I have not changed anything. I'm not sure what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2009 Apr 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me guess. Is the Primary single source layout on your project set to something other than "Microsoft HTML Help"? Sounds like it. The primary layout determines the characteristics (and therefore options) available in your windows. You need to set Microsoft HTML Help as your primary single source layout - there is a right click menu item for this - and create a new window. If the window was created whilst the single source layout was set to anything else, it will not have the required option.

I am a little more confused as to why you are looking at a single source layout that is not Microsoft HTML Help. The single source layout that have the "Sychronise TOC" option - is that what you were referring to? - is not in the Microsoft HTML Help layout and therefore nothing to do with a CHM file.

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'm confusing myself here. I apologize. My layout is Webhelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. So is the tick box before the "Sychronise TOC" option ticked and is it the option itself set to "Automatically"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes and yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp