• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

need help: Cannot find Microsoft Word installed on your system.

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2009 Apr 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues trying to generate a pdf from a robohelp 7 html project.  Whenever I try to generate a pdf I get the error "Cannot find Microsoft Word installed on your system."

I have tried to uninstall both Office (2003) and robohelp, re-installing office first and then robohelp, but it doesn't help.  Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 21, 2009 Apr 21, 2009

Sean had contacted me but I mixed up this issue with the Cannot Start Word issue.

I have now sent him a file that should fix the problem.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Open Office installed? If so, click here.

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum,

Thanks for the reply, but it's Microsoft Office, not Open Office.

I have read many threads here and tried most of the suggestions, up to and including:

Uninstall/Reinstall of Office and RH 7

Adjusting Macro security

comparing registry entries

There are others but I can't think of them all right now.  Point being, nothing has worked thus far.  I must admit this is fairly frustrating but I haven't given up yet.  Any more suggestions are welcome, and I will review the link you gave me just to make sure I cover all my bases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be contacting you shortly.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sean had contacted me but I mixed up this issue with the Cannot Start Word issue.

I have now sent him a file that should fix the problem.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2009 Apr 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, do you have a fix for this ?

RoboHelp HTML 8 on Vista x64 with MS Office 2007 installed.

Getting this message when double clicking on Printed Documentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2009 Apr 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The file I have is RH7 specific. Also you are running RH on Vista 64 bit which is not an officially supported platform. You could try Tech Support but I think that is the response you will get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp