• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Baggage files linked to topics

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2006 Dec 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to delete a baggage file. The system message is telling me the baggage file is referenced in other topics.

How can I determine the topics in which the baggage file is referenced?

Does this include keywords and index entries?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2006 Dec 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using RHs find and replace tool (or another find tool) to search for the file name? If you sure you're not referencing it you can open the project's RHBAG.APJ file in a text editor and manually remove it. Sometimes RH gets confused with what baggage files still are used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need a Find and Replace tool such as FAR or BKReplaceEm (free). That will search through all your files for the filename.

You could try the built in tool as well.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Occasionally the RH database gets confused about baggage files. Some call this database corruption.

If your search for a reference in topics, TOC, Index and Search terms comes up empty, you might try this:

With the RH project closed, launch Microsoft Access and open the file myprojectname.cpd.

In the Tables view under Objects, look for and open BaggageFileList and BaggageFileReferences.

If you find an entry for the file you were trying to delete, then:

1. If you are certain that this reference is left-over trash that RH didn't clean up, just delete that line of the table, save the database and exit Access. Launch the RH project. Either the baggage file will be gone from the RH list, or RH should let you delete it.

or

2. If you are not certain that the reference in .cpd is trash, exit Access with no changes and go back to the project files or open the project in RH to look some more.

As always, back up the .cpd file before opening it in Access.

Likely dialogs you may see:

The system may warn you that the .cpd file could contain malicious code. Click though the message to continue.

Access may tell you the .cpd file was built under an earlier version of Access and might suggest that you repair or rebuild it before proceeding. You don't have to do this. (I'm told it should do no harm, since you are using the Access version that will rebuild the database, and RH won't object. But I haven't done this.)

I hope this helps.

Don't forget to back up the .cpd file before opening it in Access. (I'm not getting senile, or maybe I am , but I do know I just repeated myself.)

Harvey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp