• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple levels of merged webhelp output files

LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2009 Apr 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am putting the finishing touches to a merged webhelp structure for a project we have started. Currently we are still producing CHMs as our primary layout but we will (eventually) be producing both CHMs and WebHelp output. I am just getting the project structure in place prior to adding content. All is working well except for one element.

We have a child project (let us call it "Project 2A") that will sit inside another child project (let us call that "Project 2"). So the TOC structure would be something like:

Parent Project

Project 1

Project 2

Project 2A

Project 3

The underlying directory structure uses the method outlined on Peter Grainge's site. What I'm wondering though is whether the output directory for the Project 2A should be something like:

C:\Source\projectname\webhelp\mergedProjects\Project 2\mergedProjects\Project 2A\project 2a.htm

I've tried both this and having the Project 2A in the top level of mergedProjects to no avail. Can anyone help a poor old CHM addict with an area he is less familiar with .

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merging within a merge will not fly.

The merging of the TOCs, index and searching occurs at run time. Run time was not designed with layers of merging in mind.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter.

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp