• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording errors - captures couple slides, even though recording sound continues, and when you end says recording session still open

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2009 Apr 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been having a lot of trouble recording lately.  Doing auto recording for a training simulation and adding some manual recording.  Seems to be working fine while recording, here the clicking sound, but when I click end, only a few of the actions have been captured.  When I try to click record to pick up what I missed it says a Recording session is still in progress.  My only option is to exit Captivate and reopen the file.  However, when I try recording again, it's still only capturing a couple slides.  Will take a long time to get my project done at this pace. Have recently uninstalled and reinstalled C4, but didn't seem to help.  I am recording slowly and have lots of experience with Captivate 2 - thinking of switching back until the kinks are worked out.

Any suggestions on what I can do to get the recording function to work properly?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 28, 2009 Apr 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lvlyduck,

Do you have both Cp2 and Cp4 installed on your system. If yes, then please switch to a clean machine WITHOUT Cp2 and then install Cp4 there.

-Manish

http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2009 Apr 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manish,

Thank you for your response. I did remove Cp2, but not before I installed Cp4.

Maybe installing it while still having Cp2 caused the problem. I'll try removing

both and just reinstall Cp4.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2009 May 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the exact same problem. I am trying to add some additional slides to the end of an existing .cp and it acts like everything is going fine (I can hear the camera clicks) but when I am done,  it has only added one or two slides. And if I try it again, it tells me that my session is still open.

I did not have this problem originally ... so I don't think it has anything to do with having another version of Captivate on my computer. Besides, I can't uninstall my Captivate 3 ... you never know when you are going to get so fed up with Captivate 4 that you want to go back to the old version, where things worked.

Has anyone figured this out yet??

Marge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources