• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bullets and number problems in RH 8

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2009 Apr 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have projects created in RoboHelp 5 that have display problems with the Navigation panel in Safari and Firefox on a Mac. While researching these, I found that the bullet and numbered lists are really messed up.

The first problem is that the bullet lists use bitmap bullets that display fine in the Design view, but do not display correctly in the Preview or when WebHelp is compiled.

The second problem is the numbered lists do not number correctly. Again, the numbers show correctly in the Design view, but in the Preview, they do not display correctly.

In addition, the text is much smaller in the preview than it is in the Design view. They are both displayed at 100%.

Don't worry that the text is in German, this happens in English, too, and all other European languages. The Asian languages have additional problems.

~M Becker

www.rhino3d.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2009 Apr 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot help you much if the issues are only with Safari and FireFox on a Mac but I can suggest an approach.

First create a new project and create (not import) a topic with similar lists. Does it work properly?

Next create (not import) a new topic into the problem project. Does it work properly?

If the second test works, then rewrite the new topic so that it is exactly the same as one that does not work. Make sure it is exactly the same in every last detail. Then use a file compare tool to identify the differences in the code.

Do you have many lists? I ask so as to identify the practicality of recreating the lists.

Let us know how that goes.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 29, 2009 Apr 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been doing a bit of research into the RH8 upgrade. See if either of these are relevent:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1898329

(check the stylesheet definition in an outside editor; HTML view seems to magically display the missing info, even when it isn'tactually there.)

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1927755

Your images suggest that the second post might be the issue, but it might be an idea to keep an eye on the first one, in any case.

Amber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp