• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting Bagage files

New Here ,
May 16, 2006 May 16, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am forced to use baggage files more then I would like, but they usually server me well, until recent. I have recently ran into an issue where the baggage files wont let me delete them. I know there cannot be a refrence to the file or it will not let you, but there are no references and the option is not even avaliable on the menu. Any ideas why this would happen or ways to remove them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings fellow matt

Perhaps you can use something fellow ACE Peter Grainge has on his site. Just work your way backwards.

Click here to view the page

You are interested in Snippet number two, near the page bottom.

Sincerely... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you done a multi file find and replace through your topics searching for that file name? I suspect you will find it somewhere albeit not visible in your pages.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2006 May 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, I have had troubles accessing your site for the past few days. Any suggestions? I cannot even access your www.grainge.org main site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wiz

Basically, you need to edit the rhbag.apj file with your project closed. It's a pain but works, just backup your project before you start. As Rick says, follow the instructions but delete the the file from the rhbag.apj file. I vaguely seem to recal a trick of renaming the file that appears in the baggage folder before trying to delete it. Good luck.

From Pete's site:

"In X5, in addition to the usual way of adding baggage files, you can edit the rhbag.apj file. With the project closed, open the file in a text editor such as Notepad and copy / paste an existing section. Replace the name of the baggage file with the new one.

When adding javascript files to topics, RH should automatically add them to baggage. Often it does not. To avoid having to edit the rhbag.apj file in such cases, I add the js file to baggage manually before inserting the reference. In the long run, it's easier."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have accessed the site two or three times a day and it has been OK. Post again if trouble persists.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp