• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC will not auto synchronize

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2009 Apr 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this question in another forum but I was a bit confused and I don't think I explained myself very well. So I apologize for posting this twice but I really need to find a way to fix this.

I am using RoboHelp 7 and my output is WebHelp. My table of contents will no longer authomatically open up to the topic in the topic pane. I did not have a problem with this until a few days ago, I am the only one working on this project, and I have not changed any of my settings. When I go into my primary layout (Webhelp) the 'Synchronize Table of Contents' button is checked and the drop down box is set to 'Automatically'. When I generate and view everything works fine but when it is pushed over to our server it does not work. I have another project that is not having this problem. I'm at a loss.

I'm a novice at using RoboHelp and if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Try this. Edit the settings for the WebHelp SSL. Use the Next > button at the bottom of the dialog. One of the options is for Speed. Choose Local PC and see if the problem disappears.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion Rick. I tried it and unfortunatly it is still not working 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if anything in Snippet 1 on my site will help.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2009 Apr 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter. I looked on your site and the only thing that I have not tried that would apply to the situation is to rename my project as it does currently consist of two words (probably not the best choice but seeing as I inherited the project there isn't much I can do about it). I tried to rename it once before and had many problems so I am hesitant to do it again.

One other thing that I noticed after reading your site is that it does synchronize to my first topic but not any subsequent topics. My default topic is a recent update table that has links to topics that have been added or changed. When I open the project the TOC opens to the recent update topic but when I click on a link on the table it does not open the TOC to that topic.

Also, I was only having this problem on one of my projects until this morning. Now it is happening to my other project as well. I am very confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2009 May 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a copy of your project and try with that.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2009 May 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for my late reply but I have not had a chance to mess with this in a few days.

I made a copy of my smaller project and renamed it with no spaces and the problem is still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2009 May 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How big is the small project if zipped up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter but I am not able to send the project out. I work for a healthcare organization and there is too much confidential information in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understand. If you can trash the content or create this in a new project, let me know then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter. I'll let you know. I really appreciate the help.

Also, I noticed one other thing. It seems that some topics will synchronize but some won't. I have tested it multiple times and the same topics always work but other ones do not. I don't know if that means anything or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try importing a some of each into a new project and group them in different books. Same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really know how to test this without interupting what the end users are seeing. When I generate and view the result everything is fine, but it has been that way from the begining. The problem doesn't exist until I view the end result after if is pushed over to the server. This help file is used by many people all day long so I can't really put something up that is just a test because they are going to need access to the original file.

I appreciate you working with me as I am not very technically savvy. I pretty much just got thrown onto this project with no experience in this sort of thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2009 May 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Test on the generated help rather than the published help. Same problem?

If the generated help is OK, given this problem has started recently and is occurring with all projects, it suggests something has changed on the server. Have you spoken to IT?

Did you try changing to Local (Intranet) in the wizard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp