• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing the .chm File Name

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2009 Apr 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this topic has been covered before in the forum, but I a little bit slow and haven't quite understood the answers.  I am trying to change the name of the .chm file which resides at the root of the C: drive, but outside of the project folder.

Several of the solutions refer to changing the name in the window properties, except I don't know what you are referring to by Window.  Is it on a dialog box such as Project Properties or is it something I'm totally unaware of?

Sorry for the redundancy of the topic.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to the CHM file created when you compile your project? If so, all you need to do is right click on the Microsoft HTML Help single source layout and select Properties. The top field in this dialog - Select Output Folder and File Name - is where you specify the path to the CHM file and the actual file name. Change this to the reference the required file name (e.g. C:\Source\myfile.chm) and click Save. The next time you create your project output the file name will be as you have supllied.

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, I was thinking of the name in the HTMLHelp viewer.  Sorry, I had to come in to work over an hour earlier than usual today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much to both you!  The Windows dialog box did the trick and I also tried another tip I read this morning on the forum which solved my Fatal Error message problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on your version of RH, you can find the Windows item in the Project Setup tab of the Project Manager pod.  If you don't already have a window specified, right-click on the window and choose New Window. If you double-click an existing window, you'll get the same dialog.

Change the text in the "Window Caption" field--that's what will show up in the CHM title bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp