• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp hangs after import of large HTML file

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2009 Apr 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large spreadsheet (18Mbs, +21,000 rows of data) where I have added interctivity and saved as an HTML file.  I want to import this into Robohelp to provide users with a topic showing the spreadsheet where they can use the AutoFilter functionality to find the data they need.  But, when I import the file RoboHelp seems to hang after I have selected the HTML file.  It said Importing....on the status bar and then Ready...but the program hangs every time.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! That sounds like one huge file. If you really want to show how to do this (over and above the MS Excel help ) could you either cut down on the amount of data in the spreadsheet.

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Colum, I think we missed out on a second option you were going to suggest.  Maybe it was to find a way to logically break up the spreadsheet into multiple sheets so you can import them as multiple smaller HTML files, which is what I would suggest.

Ben

GryphonMountain.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp