Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 1.0 Not loading

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2009 Apr 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP ME!!

I've got Captivate 1.0.1188.1188 and every time i click the .exe it's loading the Splash screen then doing nothing. The app won't load at all after the splash.

I'm using my work laptop (Dell Latitude D430) and it's worked fine for a fair while.

All of a sudden, yesterday, tried opening it and nothing.

I've seen similar threads on here and have followed all of the tips provided.

I've also had our Tech service desk uninstall/re-install the latest flash and also un/re the captivate file. I've also had my network profile re-built to see if it's a profile error/restriction and still nothing. Our tech guys are stumped (althought that's not too difficult )

Any help? I'm desperate...

Cheers

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

That version is pretty long in the tooth.

Okay, so things we don't know.

I'm using my work laptop (Dell Latitude D430) and it's worked fine for a fair while.

What are the resources on this PC? How much free disk space do you have? How much RAM? I know you said it was working okay for a while, but obviously something changed. What operating system are you using?

I've seen similar threads on here and have followed all of the tips provided.

Sorry, but that doesn't really help us much. We need to know exactly what you have tried already that failed to work.

I've also had my network profile re-built to see if it's a profile error/restriction and still nothing. Our tech guys are stumped (althought that's not too difficult )

I know they rebuilt your profile, but what about creating a totally new profile as if you were a new user? Use a totally different name. Sometimes when a network admin tells you they rebuilt your profile, they may mean they copied the existing one and tweaked it. That's not the same. If they copied something that had an issue, they carried the issue along with the copy.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried,

re-installing flash, re-installing software, going to MSconfig to remove all startup programs/processes etc. and trying to launch. I've had the profile built from scratch, new user etc.

PC specs - 1gb ram, Intel core2 duo processor & about 30GB spare HDD space.

Hope this paints a better bicture than the first post

oh, as for the version being old... tel me about it. I've got V3 at home, it's much better, and i'm thinking of approaching the company to make use of v4.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 30, 2009 Apr 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Captivate 1.0 was released more than 8 year old. You better be upgrading since the quality of swf output has improved drastically from that time.

Hopefully you can still get a good deal for upgrade

--

Manoj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

commando dhruv wrote:

Captivate 1.0 was released more than 8 year old.

Hi Manoj

According to my records Macromedia announced Captivate 1 in October, 2004.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My mistake...

I just thought we were discussing about Robodemo 1 .

--

Manoj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources