• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Letters disappearing

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2008 Aug 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon everyone. Has anyone had the experience of having some of the letters in text animation not show up when you preview the project? For example: he ma ual is here.

Thank you for your assistance.

Captivating1
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 04, 2008 Aug 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning! How is everything else going?

I haven't had it happen to me personally, but I know it happens. Try using a different text-animation style. Some are more finicky than others, so I think that will work. In your case, the text-animation will probably show up fine if you make a point of eliminating all of the letters "t" and "n". It is almost certainly a bug i the text-animation generator, and not anything you are doing wrong.

G'day to you - hope this helps!!
Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2008 Aug 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Larry. It's funny because within the same screen, one works and the other one does not. I will take your advice and see what happens.

As always, thank you for your prompt reply!

Captivating 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2008 Aug 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Larry,

I tried using different text animation and the problem persisted, but what is even more puzzling is that when I previewed from that screen, it was fine, when I previewed the project, the disappearing of letters resumed once again. Has that ever happened to you or anyone else?

Thanks.

Captivating 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Captivating 1,

Seems to me the only real test is whether it does it in the published output. I assume you are wanting to publish to SWF/HTML (?). Give that a try, and if everything works in that output, who cares whether we see a glitch in the preview.

Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I will give that a try.

Thanks a bunch!

Captivating 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2008 Aug 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larry,

Well, interestingly enough, when I published it, different screens where coming up with letters missing than when I previewed them. I published it twice at different times and got different results each time, in other words, some of the screens that had missing letters on the first batch were fine, but others that were fine where not on the second try. This is way to bizarre. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Captivating 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2008 Aug 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larry,

Well, interestingly enough, when I published it, different screens where coming up with letters missing than when I previewed them. I published it twice at different times and got different results each time, in other words, some of the screens that had missing letters on the first batch were fine, but others that were fine where not on the second try. This is way to bizarre. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Captivating 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 12, 2008 Aug 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem went away when the users' computer was updated to the very latest flash 9 version, when this happened on my latest project...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2008 Aug 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Well, I have the latest Flash, and it's still doing it, and no one seems to know why it's happening. It works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't, published or not.

Thanks all for your replies.

Captivating 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 14, 2008 Aug 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to beat a dead horse on this, but be sure that it is the latest Flash 9. (I think it is 9,0,124,0) There are several versions circulating...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2009 Apr 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Man , I have the same problem.  So lame.  Almost finished a sick not animation and the program is having issues.  Frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources