Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting unused files and images in RH7 project

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2009 Apr 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings.

I've accumulated a fair number of now-unused files and images that are still in my RH7 project folder.  They're beginning to clog up the file lists, and they also show up in independent searches (even though they're not in the compiled output). For some reason, it's unclear to me how I can safely delete them.  I'm sure this is a simple matter -- could someone please help?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Jerry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 30, 2009 Apr 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Assuming you are using RoboHelp HTML, you are able to run a report that may help.

Again, assuming RoboHelp HTML here (you didn't say which you were using - there is RoboHelp for Word and RoboHelp HTML) you would click Tools > Reports > Unused Files.

This will provide a list of candidates for deletion. Notice the terminology I used. Candidates

I specifically used this term because I'm never going to 100% wholesale trust RoboHelp. What I'm going to do in this case is to create a folder on the drive that RoboHelp doesn't know about. Then move the files there. Think of this as a purgatory folder. Once I'm convinced all the files are safe to delete (meaning I've used RoboHelp for a period of time with no ill effects) I'll then feel justified in deleting the files.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp