• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folders Not showing

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2009 Apr 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have robohelp 7.02 loaded on my c drive. The project is of substantial size.  I use robosource 3.1 to collaberate with my co-worker.

When I right click in project manager and select new-->folder, it displays a new folder.  When I rename it from new folder to something else, robohelp freezes and I need to terminate through task manager.  When I reopen it, I do not see the folde in robohelp, but I do see it in window's explorer and source control.  My co-worker could open and see it on his machine and was able to import into it. Even after rebooting, I cannot see the folder.

When my co-worker tried to create a sub folder under the new one, he too froze up and had to terminate through task manager.

I deleted the CPD file from my C drive and and reopened and still cannot view folder in robohelp

What is causing this to happen? What can we do to prevent it from happening in the future?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 01, 2009 May 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this a problem that occurs mainly when you try to create a new folder at the root level of the project? That is, if you have an existing folder (one that is behaving properly) and you create a subfolder under that folder, does that work OK?

We have a problem with our large, source-controlled projects when we make changes that affect the root folder, such as adding a subfolder at that level, or renaming a root-level file or folder. RoboSource Control sometimes goes wonky at that point and gets out of sync with RH. We don't have a good solution. Mostly, we just creep about and avoid making those kinds of changes unless we have to.

Assuming that everyone rebuilds their cpd files regularly, and also assuming that the project was initially uploaded into RSC via RH (and not directly through RSC Explorer), the only other tip I can offer is this: if there have been significant changes to the project since the last time an author accessed the project, it can cause problems to open the old version of the project. I know, I know...RSC is supposed to update the project, and it usually does. However, with big projects, RSC doesn't always succeed when it tries to synchronize that old version of the project with all its new stuff. If you start running into *that* kind of problem, the author can toss out the old version of the project (first backing it up, if appropriate) and copy a fresh version to his/her pc, which is then used to open the project. We find that this helps with some of our larger recalcitrant projects.

One last thought. If your project misbehaves as you described when it's NOT source-controlled, then please ignore everything I just said.

HTH,

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp