Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attaching keywords to topics

Apr 27, 2009 Apr 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attached the keyword 'cherry' to a topic using the Topic Properties General tab. When I compile the help and search for the word 'cherry' there are no matches. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2009 May 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested in both WebHelp and Microsoft HTML Help (CHM), It seems to work only in WebHelp. You don't say what help you are creating but the word "compiling" does suggest a CHM.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2009 May 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been advised that this feature cannot work in CHMs because of the limitations of the Microsoft Help Compiler. Using the online help I have added a comment that this should be stated.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 03, 2009 May 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help Peter. I guess there is not much we can do if it is a problem with the help compiler.

Thanks for reporting the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
May 03, 2009 May 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

You can actually influence this with CHM files by hand editing the content. I might also suggest that you report this to Adobe as a bug. They should be able to allow the same thing to happen.

Click here to visit the Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Here is how you can coax the term to be found in a CHM file.

Change to HTML view and insert the following code somewhere on a line of its own:

<div style="display: none;"> 
Cherry
</div>

Click the Save All button.

Compile your CHM and test.

My thoughts are that Adobe could program that Keywords dialog to do exactly as I instructed above for CHM files.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp