• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HyperLink to external PDF files

New Here ,
May 01, 2009 May 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On one of the pages of my projects, I am providing the users the option to view certain PDF files.  The problem is that after generatin the Primary Layout, nothing happens when I click the link to that file.  I made the hyperlink as a link to a file and added the file as a baggage.  I am using Robohelp 8 and Internet Explorer.  The Primary Layout used is FlashHelp Pro.  I get the same problem when I link to Word or Excel files.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , May 02, 2009 May 02, 2009

Hi again

It sounds like you failed to turn off Mark Of The Web.

Generate again and turn off MOTW and the link should begin working. Well, it should as long as the file is there and can be found.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2009 May 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

The problem is probably that you have enabled Mark of the Web (MOTW). With this enabled no links to documents such as PDF, Word or Excel will work. At least when you test locally. Once you move into the server realm (which you will be once you publish to the RoboHelp Server) the links should work just fine.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2009 May 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rick for the feedback.  I understand that the problem will be resolved once I publish the final version of my project to the IntraNet or once I upgrade to Robohelp Server version! Right?

Would appreciate your feedback and thanks once again.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Here is how you can configure IE so that the links will work and you don't see the yellow information bar.

1. Click Start > Run type inetcpl.cpl and press Enter
  2. Click the Advanced tab
  3. Scroll to the Security section
  4. Place a check mark in the option "Allow active content to run in files on My Computer"

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tnank you Rick once again for your feedbacks.  I tried the suggested solution but no luck.  Let me please elaborate further on the problem by showing the screen-capture image below.  You see, I get no yellow warrning bars or anything.  The link is just dead and does not respond

Thanks ...

untitled3.bmp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

It sounds like you failed to turn off Mark Of The Web.

Generate again and turn off MOTW and the link should begin working. Well, it should as long as the file is there and can be found.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick.  It works fine now.  Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp