• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to publish and keep all fonts and timings correct?

New Here ,
May 03, 2009 May 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I publish the project I'm working on, some of the fonts and timings within the slides alter, so the published show does not appear exactly as it does before publishing.  I've published to Flash SWF in both Flash 7 and 9, as well as Standalone in Flash 7 and 9.  It doesn't make a difference what level of Flash it is, or whether it is in SWF or Standalone, the outcome is still the same.

I'd appreciate any help as I need to publish the final version today.

Many thanks

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 03, 2009 May 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am sure this problems happens with Transparent-Text-Captions.

For getting caption text to be exactly how it looks like in Captivate, you need to go to:-

Preferences-->Project-->SWF Size and Quality-->General : Antialias transparent Captions.

and uncheck it.

This will force Captivate to put images of text as shown on Captivate Edit Area into the swf making the caption appear exactly the same.

--

Manoj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2009 May 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Manoj,

Thankyou for your reply.

That would make sense because most of the mistakes were with the transparent boxes. I have Captivate 3 which I think may be set out differently - If I go Preferences - Project - I don't have the specific option SWF Size and Quality but there is a box

"Don't Anti-alias Captions (this may affect output SWF size)"

which is currently unchecked. I can't find any other option that refers to Antialias or transparent captions. Is this the box to leave unchecked? Unfortunately, I can't do a screen capture of this dialog box.

Regards

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The preference I was talking about is present in Captivate-4.

In Captivate 3 you need to "check" this option "Don't anti-alias caption" to get the same result.

This preference description was changed in Captivate 4 for it to be more readable and understandable.

--

Manoj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

And alternative to this involves editing the caption in question and positioning the cursor at the very end of all the text. (Ctrl+End does this nicely)

Then press Enter a couple of times and apply a bullet to the last line. After that, just size the caption so you don't see the bullet.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources