Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Breadcrumbs not for Popup-Topics

New Here ,
May 04, 2009 May 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have activated the breadcrumbs and I really like them. Unfortunately they are inserted in every topic I have, for example in my topics which are only used als popups too. Is there any possibility to control in which topics they appear? I use Robohelp 8.0.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions

Michaela

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

In RoboHelp 7 breadcrumbs are all or nothing. Either off or on. In version 8 what you can do to have them appear only in selected topics is to define a Master Page. In the Master Page you may insert a Breadcrumb placeholder (or not) as desired. Then apply the Master Page to specific topics to influence the outcome. In this case you would want to turn off Breadcrumbs in the layout properties (I think) as that would govern whether you get the all or nothing. Then because the placeholder is in the topic via the Master Page, you get them only in the topics you want.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Rick! It's much work, but the result is great and it works perfect!

Michaela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apart from MasterPage RH8 allows you to insert breadcrumbs placeholder directly in the topics also. This way you can have finer control over which all topics you want this in and you can control the location within the body of the topic.

Vivek.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp