• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem printing multiple subtopics from .chm file

Dec 07, 2006 Dec 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having problems printing multiple headings/sub-topics from a .chm file. I can print single topics ok, but when I right-click on the TOC and select Print, and then select the second option for all sub-topics, my CPU runs at 99 percent on a process called hhlauncher. I have left it to run for 5 hours and saw absolutely no change.

I have already searched the forum and only found a reference to removing spaces in filenames (already done) and locating .css files in each topic folder (already done). I've also tried moving my images folder so that the .chm file does not have any images. Nothing seems to help.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

-Ken

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 05, 2007 Feb 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken,

I logged on today to inquire about this exact issue. So now there is another voice wanting to know of a solution.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2007 Feb 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Snippet 46 on my site is more about consistent formatting of topics. However, it might be worth seeing if resolving such issues has any impact on your project.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 12, 2007 Feb 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

You are dealing with a newbie. I have the css in the same folder as my htm files and copied the css to the folder where the chm file lives. The TOC does not print at all. I don't even get the printer selection window like your sample does.

BTW, I think the snippets are great. I downloaded your sample and it works, but I'm just not getting it on my production files.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2007 Feb 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new project and then copying everything I have done. Maybe that will help you identify what is different about your real project.

Post back if that doesn't get you anywhere.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 26, 2007 Feb 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter - sorry for the delay, I've been on vacation.

Created a new project like yours and it worked. The real project however, when I tried to set it up like yours (Topic One above "Book" in the TOC, css file in the same directory as the htm files) did not work.

I get the window titled: "HTML Help" with nothing appearing in it (your example shows the topic currently being looked at) and no Mircosoft Print window (in your example, I get to select a printer, etc).

I must be missing a step somewhere.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2007 Feb 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It sounds like you need to look at the Window properties. Try comparing those first and see how you get on with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp