• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simulations "Mapping" Tool

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2009 Apr 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having problems begining a simulation project. When it comes to planning the "branching" slides I need a tool that will help me visualize the "map" as I create my storyboard. My colleagues agree there has to be a tool or technique which already exists for this. I don't want to have to re-invent the wheel here. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

No such tool exists within Captivate, if that's what you are asking.

I'm having a bit of an issue visualizing what you are referring to. Something like Visio?

Perhaps it might spawn some creative thought if you were to articulate how you would envision such a tool working (assuming it existed).

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand there is nothing within Captivate to do this. What I'm looking for is a way to manage the branching options for scenarios during the design phase, OUTSIDE of Captivate. I want to be able to see the paths layed out and manipulte them to achieve the desired effect while I create my storyboard. Is it possible there is 1) a program/tool ANYWHERE, or 2) a technique someone has devised which facilitates this?  I find it difficult to imagine I'm the only designer who has encountered this when designing a branching scenario.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hmmm, this will probably sound a bit silly, but what about good ole Post It notes and a large WhiteBoard?

We used to use that method all the time when I was working in the corporate world.

Just thinking out loud here... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2009 May 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captiv8r, your original suggextion re Visio was probably the best if an electronic solution is being sought.

It allows you to 'mindmap' create and edit flowcharts and create process diagrams.

It's a bit pricey though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 04, 2009 May 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked at "MindManager"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2009 May 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Available on line, for free: old "bubbl.us". Normally I'm using Visio, but away from my proper PC this is a good alternative. Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources