• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which Choice for Software Simulation w/ Multiple Windows

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2009 Apr 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually choose the application option for recording. But in this project I have to open windows explorer and select some files as part of the sim. What's the best option? Are there any best practices? The main thing I'm showing only takes up a small part of the screen so I don't want to choose full screen. Thanks!

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2009 May 02, 2009

Which version of Captivate are you working with? I would start with a 'Blank Project' with the wanted dimensions (p.e. 800x600), make the start slide, and then insert Recording Slides (choosing when possible an application window to be recorded, snapping it to the set dimensions). Record only the slides for the current application window, p.e. Windows Explorer. In case you are using CP4 eventually you can choose and use a panning mode. Then you stop the recording, prepare eventually an instructi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2009 May 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Captivate are you working with? I would start with a 'Blank Project' with the wanted dimensions (p.e. 800x600), make the start slide, and then insert Recording Slides (choosing when possible an application window to be recorded, snapping it to the set dimensions). Record only the slides for the current application window, p.e. Windows Explorer. In case you are using CP4 eventually you can choose and use a panning mode. Then you stop the recording, prepare eventually an instruction slide, and record another bunch of slides in another window.

I hope you understand a little bit what I'm trying to explain: such splitting up of recording slides makes it sometimes easier. Do not hesitate to ask some more questions if you want to try this method.  Just trying to help, Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2009 May 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'm using C4. I think what you're suggesting is to record the various applications individually and then insert them into the project. This sounds good. In one case I have to do a 'drag and drop' from explorer to the other application. The way I did it was to have both applications open and overlay a 'corner' of the explorer window into the other application for the drag and drop. It worked, but it wasn't pretty. Maybe this is a case when I shouldn't use the 'record an application window' options.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 04, 2009 May 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you want to record the drag and drop from one application to another, you could arrange the windows as you want them and create the recording area red box so it Captures both windows. If it ends up too big you can Resize the Project to get the final size you require.

If you do the resize in one jump, the quality remains great. In my experience.

I always record full screen and reduce the size to what I want.

Keeping your projects in small chunks is a great idea though.

But that's just my 2c.

Cheers,

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2009 May 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Kerry. I never thought of re-sizing at the end and will have to try that. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources