Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Import a Dita map into a RoboHelp Project

Apr 30, 2009 Apr 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attempting to import any DITA map gives me the following error. Note, this DITA map is available to you for replication in your dita
open toolkit directory DITA-OT1.4.3\samples\taskbook.ditamap

BUILD FAILED
C:\ditaot\DITA-OT1.4.3\build.xml:59: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\ditaot\DITA-OT1.4.3\build_preprocess.xml: 264: java.lang.VerifyError: (class: topicpull, method: applyTemplates20 signature: (Lcom
/sun/org/apache/xalan/internal/xsltc/DOM;Lc om/sun/org/apache/xml/internal/dtm/DTMAxisIterator ;Lcom/sun/org/apache/xml/internal/seria
lizer/Seri alizationHandler;)V) Inconsistent stack height 1 != 0

Number of Fatals : 0
Number of Errors : 1
Number of Warnings : 0

Total time: 24 seconds

----------------

Does anyone have an idea of what my problem might be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 30, 2009 Apr 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention I am attempting to do this with Techncial Communications Suite II.

RoboHelp 8.0.0.203

File>New>Project>Blank Project>OK>Test>Finish

File>Import>Dita Map>C:\ditaot\DITA-OT1.4.3\samples\taskbook.ditamap>Finish

NOTE: No Conversion Settings  were selected.

Results in the BUILD FAILED error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 05, 2009 May 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Open Toolkit plug-in for FrameMaker. http://www.adobe.com/devnet/framemaker/fm9_opentoolkit.html. In doing so I set various environment variables which changed the error in RoboHelp. After setting the Classpath for saxon9-dom.jar (a setting not mentioned in the plug-in instructions) I can load DitaMaps successfully. Now however, there is an error in FrameMaker when you click DITA>Generate Output - "The DITA-OT directory is not set in Options, unable to generate output." I can't find any Options setting for this in FrameMaker.Apparently the Generate Output dialog box is being bypassed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
May 05, 2009 May 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you import your DITA Map, be certain you are pointing the dialog below to the correct location of your toolkit.

tmp1.png

Thanks to Tom Aldous (Frame guru) for the help with this.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 06, 2009 May 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I had that dialog box you mention set correctly.

The correct answer the to "Cannot Import a Dita Map into RoboHelp" problem was the setting of the 8 different environment variables called for in the installation instructions for the Adobe FrameMaker 9 plug-in for DITA Open Toolkit found at

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/framemaker/fm9_opentoolkit.html. and one additional environment variable I mentioned above.

After setting those variables I can now import Dita Maps into Robohelp! Yeah! However, the Adobe FrameMaker 9 plug-in for DITA Open Toolkit doesn't work correctly on the FrameMaker side of things now. Clicking the new menu item DITA> Geneate Output doesn't spawn the Generate Output dialog box but rather skips over it and immediately gives the error message wanting a DITA-OT pathname. I reproduced this problem on another machine with a evaluation copy of Tech Suite II. Either the plug-in is broke, the instructions are, or I've misread it and misinstalled it. I've gone over the simple instructions several times and can't see where I could be going wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2009 Jun 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<--- However, the Adobe FrameMaker 9 plug-in for DITA Open Toolkit doesn't work correctly on the FrameMaker side of things now. Clicking the new menu item DITA> Geneate Output doesn't spawn the Generate Output dialog box but rather skips over it and immediately gives the error message wanting a DITA-OT pathname. --->

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/framemaker/pdfs/fm9_dita_toolkit.pdf

Page 3:

Make the following changes in fminit\ditafm\ditafm.ini
To process a topic file that is open, change the ditafm.ini file as follows:
[BuildFile]
AntCommand=ant
AntScript=ditafm-ant.xml
Count=2
DitaDir=C:\DITA-OT1.4.2.1 !!!- Adjust to your installation -!!!
1=chm
2=html

This should solve your problem. At least, I've got rid of the Message

"the dita-ot directory is not set in options, unable to generate output"

and a proper dialog instead.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 10, 2009 Jun 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kay,

You are right that fixes the problem. I had discovered this earlier and I must have posted the answer somewhere else. Thanks for answering the question though!

RP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2009 Aug 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was wondering if you could help me, I am getting the same output as you got the first time

C:\DITA-OT1.5\build.xml:59: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\DITA-OT1.5\build_preprocess.xml:269: java.lang.VerifyError: (class: topicpull, method: applyTemplates22 signature: (Lcom/sun/org/apache/xalan/internal/xsltc/DOM;Lcom/sun/org/apache/xml/internal/dtm/DTMAxisIterator;Lcom/sun/org/apache/xml/internal/serializer/SerializationHandler;)V) Inconsistent stack height 1 != 0

I do not have frameMaker only RoboHelp 8. I did the configuration as you mentioned but still I'm getting the same output. any suggestions

ehsan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 11, 2009 Aug 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Installing the Dita Plug-in correctly fixed my problem. I think it was one of the eight or so environmental variables that you set in the process. If you've already done that and double checked it I'm at a loss. It took me at least three times to get everything set up correctly.

Good Luck.

RP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2009 Aug 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

The problem was not the configurations it was the different settings on my system. My user settings, PATH and CLASSPATH, were different than the system settings. so I just had to fix that issue to get it running.

thanks for the reply

ehsan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 12, 2009 Aug 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Great! I'm glad to hear that you got that straightened out!

RP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp