• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I Get Data from a .net WEb service call????

New Here ,
May 05, 2009 May 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to get data from a .net webservice for hours now and am having absolutely no luck.

When I call a method that returns 1 record, it works fine. I can reference the data.

When multiple records are returned, it's an object and I have no idea how to read this data.  Can anyone help me out?  Someone else has have to had to do this before, but I can find very little documentation on how to accomplish this task.  Any help would be appreciated.

I'm using CFINVOKE to call my web service, and my return results is titled "ResultSet"

When I do a CFDump on it I get

object of com.www.website.MyService.ArrayOfDatePeriods
Methods
equals (returns boolean)
getSerializer (returns interface org.apache.axis.encoding.Serializer)
getDeserializer (returns interface org.apache.axis.encoding.Deserializer)
getTypeDesc (returns org.apache.axis.description.TypeDesc)
getDatePeriods (returns www.website.MyService.DatePeriods)
setDatePeriods (returns void)
setDatePeriods (returns void)
getClass (returns java.lang.Class)
wait (returns void)
wait (returns void)
wait (returns void)
notify (returns void)
notifyAll (returns void)
toString (returns java.lang.String)

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 05, 2009 May 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, the joys of consuming .NET web services!  You identified the issue - the .NET web service is actually returning a complex object (or an array of complex objects) instead of a simple value that CF can easily translate into a native data type.  Unfortunately, this means that you'll have to retrieve the data you are interested using the properties/methods of the object returned by the web service.  Sort of defeats the whole "simple" aspect of using a web service, if you ask me.  Check the WSDL for the response object definition - that should give you a good idea of what your options are in terms of accessing the data in the returned object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2009 May 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I know what it's got in the object, I just have no idea how to get to it.  Not sure what to do with this object in Cold Fusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 06, 2009 May 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you post the WSDL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation