Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Submit Pdf with rich text field

Level 1

Hello All,

I have one Pdf designed in the Live Cycle designer 8.0 with one rich text field and couple of textfields and one Http Submit button. When I am trying to

submit the form at the server side which is my jsp Page's Url I got the Fields Values in request but I got the value of RichText field as a static text not the formatted one instead of I have define the field as a richTextField and in binding I have specified type as XHTML. But the same things works fine when I am desiging the Pdf with Live Cycle designer 7.0 same thing I have repeated for 7.0. and in Jsp page I will get the rich text field value as an XHTML with all the formatting style information. I have to design the Pdf in the Live Cycle 8.0. So what is the difference between the two version which will not giving me richtext field output as XHTML.

One Another Question is that how can I allow the user to enter the different langages like Japanese, English, Korean in the Text Fields in the same Template.

Regards,

Rahul Soni.

3 Replies

Former Community Member

In Designer 8 when you set a field as Rich Text you have to set the Data format in the Binding tab to XHTML. It is plain text by default.

Paul

Level 1

I have also specified in the binding as RichText type to XHTML. The pdf designed in the Live Cycle designer 7.0 works fine, and when I am clicking submit it will return me the richtext field values as a XHTML in the request. but when I have designed the Pdf in the Live Cycle designer 8.0 it will give me plain text in the request.

Thanks,

Rahul.

Former Community Member

Interesting ....I tried it in version 8 and was able to duplicate the issue if the first field that I created on the form was the RichTextField. Is this what you did as well?

If you want to submit your form I can have a look at it and see if I can get it to work.

Paul