Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad performance when using multi-level list styles in RH8

May 04, 2009 May 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We applied (beautiful) multi-level list styles to a topic in RH8 and experienced subsequent performance problems. For example, when you type five characters nothing happens and then suddenly they start appearing...slowly. This is in the Design editor and is proving unworkable. Is anyone experiencing similar problems?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have trouble with keyboard lag like that, but our projects are so large and complex that it's really hard to figure out the culprit(s). I'm very eager for any info I can get on this. If you return your list to a simple format, does the response time go back to normal?

Thx,

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our problem is occurring in a very small project (one topic actually).

When we remove the multi-level list styles -  the problem goes away.

Cheers

Kath

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath, thanks for the info. I will put that on my list for investigation when I get the chance.

You mentioned "multi-level." Does that mean more than two levels? If so, can you isolate which style is causing the trouble?

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
May 05, 2009 May 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 05, 2009 May 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, missed that. Thanks for clarifying, Rick!

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 06, 2009 May 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wouldn't spend any time working with multi-level list styles until RH issues a patch that addresses my (and others'?) bug report. The feature is simply not working as advertised (inconsistency in indents and tabs, numbers and bullets, end/resume list within outer list, etc.).

Sorry,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp