Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp Keyboard Error

New Here ,
May 06, 2009 May 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

When using Robohelp, I always get a keyboard error.

The character in keyboard automatically changes, If I type A it gives me Z....and if I type ",(Comma)" it give me ": (Semi Colon)".

Is there any way to rectify this problem.

Please mail me on mvrprakash@gmail.com, if you come across a solution for this issue.

Thank You,

Prakash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2009 May 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never seen that reported for any version of RoboHelp, you don't say which you are using.

Try one of the supplied sample projects and see if it is the same.

Sounds more like a Windows Regional Settings and Keyboard thing but you would get that in all applications.

Try a reboot.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2009 May 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Peter,

I am using Robohelp 6.

When the problem occurs in Robohelp, I also tried typing using other softwares like ms word, notepad, it works fine

But the problem is only with Robohelp 6. If I close and reopen the helpfile it works, but I have to do that for every 10 or 15 mins once..

It so painful to do that.

Please help

Prakash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2009 May 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried one of the sample projects as suggested?

Assuming your project is not on a network, I think I would try uninstalling and reinstalling.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2009 May 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I have tried even with sample project. The problem still occurs

Prior to 2 days I have uninstalled and reinstalled Robohelp HTML 6, but still I have issues.

Let know if any other solutions available

Thanks,

Prakash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Prakash.

This is most odd. The fact that this only happens inside RH and even then only after a short while is very odd. You didn't answer Peter's question about whether your RH project was on a network drive. Having the source files on a network drive can be the cause of many odd things and is not to be advised.

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,

Sorry the project is actually on the network drive, but whenever I start working on any project, I must copy it to my local desktop and work on it.

Thanks,
Prakash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Phew! That's OK Prakash. Storing your source on a network drive is fine as long as the project is not opened there. Just checking though that you aren't copying to your desktop or My Documents folder. In some corporate environments these can be networked. I don't know if this is the case where you are but just wanted to check.

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp