Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Returning Focus on Exiting the Help Project

May 07, 2009 May 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create a .chm file for a projects help text.  RoboHelp's file works like a champ, with one exception.  When I close a help topic, and am using an OS of XP or earlier the focus is not going to the dialog that initiated the help file.  In Vista this seems to work as expected.  We are using the general calls of hhctrl.ocx, which in turn uses the function HTMLHELPA.  Others in my company use a different tool that creates a .chm file that doesn't have this problem and I have spent a bit of time trying to figure it out, with no luck.  I don't really want to go to another tool, does anyone out there have an suggestions?  What could I be doing wrong? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I really hope Pete Lees is following this forum because if anyone has the answer it's him.

My own gut feeling says that this has nothing whatsoever to do with the help authoring tool and everything to do with how your developer is opening the CHM.

About the only thing I can think of that may be "CHM specific" that might factor into this would be if you are using one of the RoboHelp added features.

• Browse Sequences
  • Glossary Tab

These two features require your end user to have an additional file named HHActiveX.dll present and registered. My thought is perhaps if that's the case, some programming inside the DLL might come into play here.

I suppose a valid test would be to disable either or both of those features (if you are using them) so the DLL isn't a factor, then see what happens after that.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

Thanks for the quick response. I have been talking to the developers and they say they are calling it correctly. I am looking at the code and will try your suggestions as well because I do use the Glossary Tab.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Captiv8r, you are the greatest! Disableing the mentioned items did the trick.  Thanks so much.  I have been using RoboHelp for years now, but this is the first time on the forums, what a helpful experience.  Now, I have something to show the developers that may help them change there call / function.  Thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp