• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

index.cfm and / have different sessions?

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2009 Apr 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an applcation that has an Application.cfm file in the Application.cfm file I have the app set up for cookie session management.

<cfapplication

name="app"

clientmanagement="yes"

setclientcookies="yes"

sessionmanagement="yes"

sessiontimeout="#CreateTimeSpan(0,2,0,0)#"

applicationtimeout="#CreateTimeSpan(10,0,0,0)#">

all of the following pages are in the root directory for a site

ex: devsite.company.com/

If i got to page login and set session.accountid, session.accountid is set for all pages EXCEPT the index.cfm page.

If i go to devsite.company.com/ session vars are INCORRECT

devsite.company.com/index.cfm session vars are INCORRECT

devsite.company.com/login.cfm session cars correct

devsite.company.com/xyz.cfm session vars are correct

what the heck could be up with the index.cfm page? why is it using a different session?

thanks for any help or ideas

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2009 Apr 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said:

I have an applcation that has an Application.cfm file in the Application.cfm file I have the app set up for cookie session management.

Can u tell how you are invoking the one Application.cfm within another.

Try using Application.cfc and set all the session variables in onSessionStart Method and Then see how it goes.

If You need to add another Application.cfc file,

you can do so by using <cfmponent extends="Application.cfc">

that will inevitably have diffrent results as i do not know what exactly other Application.cfm or Application.cfc file will be having.

Cfdump on every single page what goes on.

I suggest you don't include application.cfm within another Application.cfm, then see what and how it goes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2009 May 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To gather more information on what is happening, refresh your index.cfm page and see if the session variables change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2009 May 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to improve the design. The existence of a login page means that your site requires authentication. This in turn implies that you expect the user to initially land on the login page.

However, there is a contradiction. Since the index.cfm page is in the same directory as Application.cfm, Coldfusion will automatically take the user there, irrespective of whether he is logged in or not. I suspect that Coldfusion simply creates a new session when the user navigates between index.cfm and the login page.

One way to resolve the problem is to put code in Application.cfm to test whether a user is logged in and, if not, to redirect him to the login page. If you're on Coldfusion MX7 or newer, consider using Application.cfc instead. These kinds of problems are easily solved in Application.cfc's  onRequestStart() method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation