• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicate Code for Entries in .HHK File

Enthusiast ,
May 07, 2009 May 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never a dull moment here in localization land.

Our index entries look like this in the .hhk file source of an RH created .chm file:

<li><object type="text/sitemap">
    <param name="Name" value="5UniqueClearPlaneDist">
    <param name="Name" value="5UniqueClearPlaneDist">
    <param name="Local" value="5UniqueClearPlaneDist.htm">
  </object>
    <param name="Name" value="5UniqueGripperOffset">
    <param name="Name" value="5UniqueGripperOffset">
    <param name="Local" value="5UniqueGripperOffset.htm">
  </object>
    <param name="Name" value="5UniqueGripperOffset(XYZ)">
    <param name="Name" value="5UniqueGripperOffset(XYZ)">
    <param name="Local" value="5UniqueGripperOffset_XYZ.htm">
  </object>

Why would the entry text listed twice?

The actual index tab in the .chm and the index pod inside RH only display one entry--which is good--but I would expect it actually be listed twice.

index_tab.gif

Anyway, the RH project seems to be duplicating code. Any ideas what's causing this and what's the best way to fix it? This doesn't affect the display of the help all, but causes problems due to increased word count for translation purposes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 08, 2009 May 08, 2009

Hi, Jared,

I think the value of the first Name parameter is the keyword that you see in the Index tab. The value of the second Name parameter appears in the Topics Found dialog box when you double-click an index keyword that is associated with multiple topics — and so provides a means to differentiate between the topics.

As far as I can see, this second use of the parameter value is only effective in non-binary indexes. In binary indexes, the titles shown in the Topics Found dialog box appear to b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
May 08, 2009 May 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Jared,

I think the value of the first Name parameter is the keyword that you see in the Index tab. The value of the second Name parameter appears in the Topics Found dialog box when you double-click an index keyword that is associated with multiple topics — and so provides a means to differentiate between the topics.

As far as I can see, this second use of the parameter value is only effective in non-binary indexes. In binary indexes, the titles shown in the Topics Found dialog box appear to be derived from the <title> elements in the source HTML files.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 08, 2009 May 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Pete,

I believe you're correct. I removed all the duplicates and found that the entries no longer displayed inside of the Index tab. So they're definately needed. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp