• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pdf from WebHelp toolbar no longer opens

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2006 Dec 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a WebHelp file and I have created an additional toolbar button that, when clicked, opens a pdf version of the Help file (so users can easily print all the Help). This has been working fine with IE6 but when it was tested on a machine with IE7 installed, the pdf wouldn't open. Does anyone know if it is IE7 that is causing the problem (seems likely as it is the only variable that has changed) and if there is anything that can be done about it? I have searched Adobe Reader forums and Robo forums to no avail. Any help appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it is IE7. I just created a test and put on a button as you describe. It failed under IE7 but then I found it also failed under IE6. Tracked it down to having used a PDF with a space in the filename. When I pointed the button to that file, there was a space. By the time RH had put it into the output, the filename had an underscore in. When I changed the source to have an underscore, changed that in the skin editor and regenerated, it all worked fine.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, thanks for your reply. I have checked my project and the pdf has underscores but no spaces in the name. Any other suggestions appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2006 Dec 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you recreate this in a new one topic project?

If yes, zip it up and send it to me. Go to my site to contact me.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue, but only with Internet Explorer 11. The PDF files open fine with Chrome and Firefox.

I'm using RoboHelp 2015 and the latest Distiller and Acrobat software. In RoboHelp, I create Baggage Files and link the PDF files to those. I then create a new TOC page for each PDF as a link to these files.

Does anyone know of any resolution for this IE problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp