Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFMAIL SSL?

Participant ,
Dec 01, 2006 Dec 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gurus
What is the most cheapest, secure route pop/smtp secure mail (SSL) and Coldfusion MX6.1?
Company want to move away from CF simply because of this email issue and I would really like to offer an easy solution.
(Thinking about sTunnel but happy to hear all options)

Thanks for any advice.
Jam
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 03, 2006 Dec 03, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your question is not clear.

If you want to use Coldfusion to email over SSL, the easiest way is to use a simple java extension.

See about halfway down this page:
http://www.roktech.net/devblog/index.cfm/2006/10/24/Cfmail-Google-Tools-For-Your-Domain-and-SPAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 11, 2006 Dec 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - You are correct - It wasn't very clear - however you seemed to understand!
To clarify - In the first instance I want to send secure emails with CF so smtp over SSL. But i DON'T want to use sTUNNEL.

The example you referenced uses Secure iNet Factory which costs thousands. Surely there is something cheaper???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, If we can't find anything cheaper, I'll write you a CFX for only $600.

After years of begging, there is also a chance that TLS and SSL support will be added in CF8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hey - $600 sounds reasonable! Let me google it first and will get back to you. CF8 is some way away, this company will probably move to .NET by then :(

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation