• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to apply Strong instead of Bold

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2009 May 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm a RoboHelp newbie. I've taught myself RH 7 using a book (just last week.) 

We are importing Word documents to RH. A consultant created the Word style sheet and told me to use Strong instead of Bold in Word. I did that. I've imported the document into RH. Now I notice some words that need to have Strong applied to them. I can't find Strong as a style in the .css. (I used the .css that was created from the Word import. There are words in Strong in this document.)

I have two work-arounds right now:

I know I could go back to the Word document and apply Strong there and then import again.

I have copied existing words that are in Strong and pasted them where I need Strong and then changed the word to be what I want.

However, I wondered if it makes a difference in RH whether I continue to use Strong instead of Bold? If so, where do I find Strong? Or can I just use Bold now?

Thanks for any input!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 12, 2009 May 12, 2009

I suspect the consultant told you to use Strong instead of Bold because the latter is deprecated. Simple fact is though that it is still heavily used including by the RoboHelp editor.

You could try adding strong as a character class in your CSS or just use bold in both Word and RoboHelp. I cannot imagine any browser not supporting bold for a long time, even though it is deprecated.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2009 May 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect the consultant told you to use Strong instead of Bold because the latter is deprecated. Simple fact is though that it is still heavily used including by the RoboHelp editor.

You could try adding strong as a character class in your CSS or just use bold in both Word and RoboHelp. I cannot imagine any browser not supporting bold for a long time, even though it is deprecated.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2009 May 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for your advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp