• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Install Flash10/IE 7/XP SP3 on 2, yes 2 computers

New Here ,
May 12, 2009 May 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello good friends in the Forum.  I cannot install Adobe Flash on 2 business pc's.  I get the reference to the TN_19166. The install cannot register the flash10b.ocx file.

I have tried all of the solutions on the TN_19166 page.

I have done the reset_min and reset_fp10 ensuring that the subinacl file is in the same directory.

I have downloaded the official uninstall file from Adobe.

I have downloaded the official install file from Adobe.

I have run both files using Run As and logging in as the Administrator.

I have run both files with IE open and IE closed.

I have run uninstall, shut down, turned on the computer, not launched IE and tried the install program.

I have gone into Internet Tools and set Security to Default level and then gone to the Plug-ins location and set the radio buttons Automatic Prompting to enable and Download signed ActiveX to prompt

I have turned off my Symantec Virus program.

I have downloaded a Flash Stand Alone Installer for Internet Explorer linked to me on a different site.

I have downloaded prior versions of flash and they fail upon the flash#a.ocx registration.

I cannot install the program in Safe Mode.

I have looked at this thread, but it gives me no relief

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/430948

I have run secedit!/configure!/cfg!%windir%\repair\secsetup.inf!/db!secsetup.sdb!/verbose - the ! representing spaces

I wanted to try this solution, but the files are not in the macromed file

Navigate to this folder:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\

Copy these files to the IE plugins folder:
    * FlashPlayerTrust (entire folder)
    * NPSWF32.dll
    * flashplayer.xpt

The IE plugins folder for me is:
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\

I tried to delete the Shockwave Flash Object that is in Windows Add-ons and indicates it is enabled, but the Delete button is greyed out and won't allow me.  I was then instructed to go Downloaded Program Files and delete the Add-on there. I right-clicked on the only file in that directory and it indicated it was a Macromedia file, I deleted it, but Shockwave Flash stills appears as an Enabled Add-on.

I found this post on a site, but never found the solution posted.

I’ve only had this same problem since returning from out of town. I left on December 13th and had been having no problem with IE7 and FP. Upon returning on Ja. 30th, there was a month and a half of updates and patches waiting for me and it was after installing them that the problem started. I ran System Restore back to Dec. 13 and FlashPlayer again works. Now the question remains: Which update has caused the problem? I am curious. I’ll save this column and the two links to fixes when it happens again.

I am hoping that someone can step me through a solution that will solve this problem on these two computers, because this is beyond frustrating at this point.  Oh, I have done all this testing on one computer only.  On the other computer I tried only a couple of things.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2009 May 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem with VISTA, I think the issue is with Flash 10.  I would install adobe flash player and it would work until I restarted my computer.  The answer to my issue was to turn off the "USER ACCOUNT CONTROL".  It is under the control panel, user accounts.  I did everything that the adobe website had to offer in support of this issue, but this is the only thing that worked.  Hopefully this works for you, even though you have XP not VISTA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines